One of the most difficult things for many teachers is to finish the lesson before the bell goes. Getting our timing right can be challenging.
- It is a good idea to summarize what has happened in the lesson and ask the students to tell you what they have learnt.
- Some teachers like to tell their students what they can look forward to I the next lesson. They want the students to be enthusiastic about coming back to class.
- Some teachers like to end their lessons by asking the students to write down three things that they have learnt or they think are useful for them now or will be in the future.
- Some teachers like to end lessons with an enjoyable activity, like a game.
- We can ask our students to write their own test question which they can give to a colleague to take away and bring in the next lesson.