• Encourage teenagers to have opinions and to think critically and questioningly about what they are learning.
• Use the students’ own knowledge and experience as much as possible.
• Treat the students like adults but remember they are still children.
• Encourage the students to take responsibility for their own learning.
• Be super-organised! Teenagers like to know what they are doing and why.
• Be consistent when there are discipline problems. Criticise the behaviour, not the student.
Sursa foto: heraldsun.com.au